Scope Ratings GmbH, a part of the Scope Group, is the leading European credit rating agency, with headquarters in Berlin and offices in Frankfurt, London, Madrid, Milan, Oslo and Paris. The company specialises in the analysis and ratings of financial institutions, corporates, structured finance, project finance and public finance. Scope Ratings offers a credit risk analysis that is opinion-driven, forward-looking and non-mechanistic – an approach which adds to a greater diversity of opinions for institutional investors. Scope Ratings is a credit rating agency registered in accordance with the EU rating regulation and operating in the European Union with ECAI status.
- Act as lead rating analyst on European structured finance transactions (ABS/MBS/CLOs), with a strong focus on quantitative aspects of the analysis using in-house tools
- Take a lead role in developing the quantitative aspects of Scope’s structured finance rating methodologies and design associated models.
- Act as a communication point with the team executing, maintaining and reviewing models developed with the structured finance team
- Represent and communicate on Scope´s analytical edge in structured finance at meetings and public industry events
- Coach and supervise junior team members
- Analyse and monitor the fundamentals of the European property market and publish timely market research comments
- Take up strong analytical challenges and get exposure to all European securitisation asset classes (ABS, RMBS, CMBS, covered bonds, CLOs etc.)
- Interact with other rating franchises within Scope from project finance to Corporates, Banks or Public Finance
- 5+ years of professional experience in Structured Finance or Quantitative Finance
- Advanced engineering degree from a top-tier European institution with course concentration in mathematics, physics, statistics or econometrics
- Excellence in quantitative analysis, financial modelling, financial engineering and data analysis
- Experience in interpreting complex structures in offering documents and implementing in financial models
- Understanding of the roles of key parties within asset securitisations
- Knowledge of performance modelling including default, severity, and prepayment
- Analytical skills with sound understanding of financial and derivatives markets
- Strong MS office computer skills
- Strong technology skills in VBA, C++, Python or similar programming languages a plus
- Data mining skills and experience with data querying tools such as SQL a plus
We offer a challenging job with responsibilities, in an internationally oriented company with a 15-year history. A friendly, open-minded team with a flat hierarchy awaits you. You will directly report to the Head of Structured Finance Team. We make quality visible – join us and take part!
We look forward to learning more about you from your convincing application. Please apply online using our application tool quoting the reference “20170193“. Please note: For non-EU applicants, a valid work and residence permit is a prerequisite for this job position.
- Signed current CV
- Criminal record certificate
- At least 3 references
- Copy of your university degrees and certificates