Scope Ratings GmbH is looking for an Associate Director of Public Finance to join an international team of economists to become responsible for the credit analysis of a portfolio of sovereigns, and in addition, either supranational, sub-sovereigns or government-related entities.
- Conduct ratings and research on a portfolio of European sovereigns, and in addition, at least one of the following public finance sectors: sub-sovereigns, supranational and/ or government-related entities
- Lead rating committee discussions, being responsible for rating recommendations and the communication with issuers, investors and journalists
- Identify, initiate and undertake rigorous quantitative and qualitative economic, financial and political risk analysis, including macroeconomic scenario analyses
- Production of high-quality rating reports and sector research, demonstrating Scope’s fundamental understanding of macroeconomic and sovereign trends
- Conduct investor and issuer outreach, and interviews with the press presenting and explaining Scope’s analytical approach
- Development and training of junior analysts, further developing the Public Finance team
- Support of the team's administrative functions with regards to compliance and regulation
- 5+ years of relevant experience in sovereign analysis and/or applied economics gained from a ministry of finance, the central bank, international institution, rating agency or macroeconomic research house
- Strong understanding of macroeconomics and a keen interest and awareness of international and political affairs. Graduate degree in economics or equivalent (PhD, MA)
- Strong quantitative skills (economics, econometrics, accounting and finance). Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint, Eviews, Stata, Oxford Economics, Bloomberg
- Proficient written and oral communication skills in English and at least one other European language would be advantageous
- Excellent written skills are a must, particularly in producing high-quality research, and extensive public speaking experience is a plus
- Able to take ownership and responsibility of tasks and projects under tight deadlines that involve both independent and teamwork
- Confident and professional appearance and high social and communication skills
- Accountable and reliable person of the highest integrity
We offer a challenging and rewarding position with significant responsibilities, reporting directly to the Managing Director. A friendly, openminded and culturally diverse team with a flat hierarchy in an international company with a proven track record awaits you. The start date for the position is as soon as possible.
We look forward to learning more about you from your application. Please apply online using our application tool quoting the reference “20180141“. Please note: for non-EU applicants, a valid work and residence permit is a prerequisite for this post.
- Signed current CV
- Criminal record certificate
- At least 3 letters of reference
- Copy of your university degrees and certificates
Scope Ratings GmbH, a part of the Scope Group, is the leading European credit rating agency, with headquarters in Berlin and offices in Frankfurt, London, Madrid, Milan, Oslo and Paris. The company specialises in the analysis and ratings of financial institutions, corporates, structured finance, project finance and public finance. Scope Ratings offers a credit risk analysis that is opinion-driven, forward-looking and non-mechanistic – an approach which adds to a greater diversity of opinions for institutional investors. Scope Ratings is a credit rating agency registered in accordance with the EU rating regulation and operating in the European Union with ECAI status.