Scope Ratings GmbH is looking for an highly-qualified Structured Finance Analyst with a highly- analytical mind and strong independent thinking. This is a critical senior role where you will analyse complex and diverse transactions exposed to Commercial and Residential real estate over all the European jurisdictions. If you are willing to make an impact working with other pioneers building the practice of the largest European Credit Rating Agency, with a rising reputation in the structured finance sector, join Scope.
- Analyses securitisation transactions as a lead or backup analyst, with a focus on CRE and CMBS transaction.
- Lead credit rating committees, communicate to transaction parties and write credit rating analytical reports
- Perform credit analysis including the review of transaction documents, the development of bespoke cash flow analysis and the use of Scope’s existing quantitative tools
- Understands, masters and develop Scope’s methodologies and analytical capabilities
- Takes part to other’s franchise rating committees
- Promote Scope’s analytical expertise via meetings, presentations, industry conferences
- Produces high-quality, insightful and forward-looking research and analytical comments on a timely basis
- Provides guidance to other junior analysts and interns
Your professional & personal profile
- At least 8 years of experience in structured finance and securitisation products ideally as an investor, structurer or credit risk analyst
- Strong analytical qualitative and quantitative skills, with a solid experience understanding of the financial market and credit risk
- Extensive knowledge in the fields of CRE and CMBS
- Ability to understand and identify key credit risk drivers
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability multi-task
- Proficient MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) computer skills
- Independent thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Multi-cultural, collaborative, self-starter, versatile, inquisitive and detail-oriented personality
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Accountable and dynamic with the ability to work in full autonomy
- Fluency in at least a major European language (German / Spanish / Italian / French) in addition to English
We offer an interesting job with responsibilities at our office spaces in the hearts of Berlin, Frankfurt, Paris or Milan. When you join Scope as a Director Structured Finance Analyst, you are joining a firm that will challenge you and invest in your professional development. A friendly, open-minded Structured Finance team with a flat hierarchy awaits you. We make quality visible – join us and take part!
We look forward to learning more about you from your convincing application. Please apply online using our application tool quoting the reference “20180147”. Please note: For non-EU applicants, a valid work and residence permit is a prerequisite for this job position.
What we want to see
- Signed current CV
- Criminal record certificate
- At least 3 letters of reference
- Copy of your university degrees and certificates
Scope Ratings GmbH, a part of the Scope Group, is the leading European credit rating agency, with headquarters in Berlin and offices in Frankfurt, London, Madrid, Milan, Oslo and Paris. The company specialises in the analysis and ratings of financial institutions, corporates, structured finance, project finance and public finance. Scope Ratings GmbH offers a credit risk analysis that is opinion-driven, forward-looking and non-mechanistic – an approach which adds to a greater diversity of opinions for institutional investors. Scope Ratings GmbH is a credit rating agency registered in accordance with the EU rating regulation and operating in the European Union with ECAI status.